RiverEast Plaza, Portland, OR 2007
a collaboration with Greenworks Landscape Architecture
The Holman Building, built in 1951 as a windowless warehouse, was transformed into a hi-tech office building with passive solar design. By re-using the shiplap concrete slabs created during this remodel, tribute is paid to the past and a more ecological future is advanced with LEED Certification.
Re-use and keep material out of landfills while acknowledging history.
Playing with view lines, light and shadow.